Back to all posts
October 27, 2023
1 min read
Case studies

SEEDiA's Solar Bus shelter integration with InPost's Parcel Locker


As a part of our collaboration with InPost Group we have integrated our solar bus shelter with their parcel locker.

The first location of the joint project was the municipality of Nędza in the Silesian Voivodeship. The shelter, equipped with 4 solar panels with a total surface area of 5.25 m², delivers up to 79% of generated green energy to power the Parcel Locker. This makes the device practically fully powered by the bus shelter’s solar energy. The remaining 21% is allocated for user needs, such as lighting, USB ports, and inductive chargers.

In this location, the photovoltaic panels produce as much as 680 kWh of clean energy, resulting in a reduction of the carbon footprint by up to 322.4 kilograms of CO2 annually. This is a significant step towards sustainable parcel delivery and eco-friendly urban infrastructure.

SEEDiA & InPost wiata autobusowa
SEEDiA & InPost wiata autobusowa
I'm glad that we can further reduce the carbon footprint of the last mile and the e-commerce sector together while making public transportation more attractive. Additional services, such as the option to pick up parcels, provide another incentive to use public transport.

After over a year of R&D work by our teams, we are thrilled to see the implementation being used by the local community. This marks a significant step for both us and InPost Group in our ongoing efforts to make eco-friendly solar infrastructure accessible even in small towns and villages.

The next two locations for this project will be the city of Kielce and Słupno municipality in central Poland

Artur Racicki (wspólnik SEEDiA), Rafal Brzoska (InPost), Piotr Hołubowicz (wspólnik SEEDiA)
Artur Racicki (wspólnik SEEDiA), Rafał Brzoska (InPost), Piotr Hołubowicz (wspólnik SEEDiA)
Kuba Podgórzak
about the author
Kuba Podgórzak, Marketing Specialist